Bookmark and Share

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Meet Erikka

Erikka Hise:
I was born on a Naval base in Virginia and grew up in a small Texas town called Glen Rose. I was diagnosed with cancer in my senior year of high school. After seven months of chemotherapy and radiation, I was given a clean bill of health and have been clear ever since. I lost all my hair, gave the valedictory speech at graduation in a wig, and learned a lot about priorities that year. I went on to get my undergrad degree in Government and Politics from the University of Texas at Dallas and a law degree from the University of Texas. After law school, I returned to Dallas to join a major Texas energy company. The gas piece of the company was sold to and merged with the largest pure play natural gas company in the United States, and I have worked for them ever since. Over the course of my career it became clear that working as in-house counsel for a major corporation was just as much about having a solid foundation in business so I returned to school once again and got an MBA from Texas Woman's University. I'd really like to get a PhD. Honestly, I would stay in school indefinitely if it were financially sustainable. I now live in The Colony, just north of Dallas, with my wife and son. In my "spare" time, I teach business law courses for an MBA program and help with the business half of my wife's photography studio. I love to travel and write, but don't get to do nearly enough of either. I have a thing for shoes. Although I'm still searching for myself career-wise, I've never been happier with my personal life.

I met Erikka's wife Tanya through Twitter. I'm grateful to them for agreeing to be daily faces, and happy to feature the newlyweds on the same day!

No comments:

Post a Comment