Bookmark and Share

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Meet John


I'm John Kwiatkowski. I live in Houston, TX, and manage a bookstore in Sugarland, TX. That means I own way too many books, and spend too much time reading. I just turned 30 in November, and have been having the best year of my life. My husband Matt and I just bought our first house in April. The process was stressful, but so worth it when I come home from work every night. Although, I sometimes doubt how worth it the whole thing was when I'm mowing the lawn in the Texas heat.

I was originally born in Delaware, but moved to Texas with my family in 1989. I've been in Houston for nine years, and love everything about the city. When I first moved here, I worked in a gay bookstore/coffee shop. It was one of the best jobs I ever had, and one that I still miss everyday. When I'm not working, or reading I love to go see live concerts and stage productions. Every week, I get together with a group of friends for Gay Movie Saturday. We hang out and watch GLBT themed movies that we haven't seen before.
I met John when we followed each other on Twitter and I asked him to be a face of the day. At first he was reticent about appearing alongside people like Billie Myers and poets and movie makers, but I assured him that the whole point of this blog is that GLBT folks are regular people, so that's what I'm looking for. Thanks for contributing your face and story, John!

No comments:

Post a Comment