Bookmark and Share

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Meet Patrick

I'm a series of contradictions. I was born in Denver and am a city dweller by design, currently residing in a town described by some as "the sticks" and although I've been told I seem so "east coast", I've never lived anywhere other than Colorado. Contrary to the usual Colorado native, I have never been downhill skiing because I can't justify spending hard earned cash to test the theory of natural selection. I spend greater than 40 hours a week working as a computer programmer for a hospital and have my bachelor's degree in Spanish with a minor in Creative Writing, neither of which help me on the job. I love technology and could spend hours in the Apple Store or online. I love music and the art of sound. I even played the clarinet, the violin and have sang in Carnegie Hall and I think Guitar Hero is pure genius. I love digital photography, especially from behind the camera, writing, reading, and living life. I also love my 100 pound chocolate lab, my golden retriever and my life with my partner. I'm honest, trustworthy, and loyal. And if you want to know more, all you have to do is ask.
I found Patrick's blog after his twitter bio caught my eye.
poet,blogger,tech addict,inspired by life,lover of music, and oh yeah - I'm gay.
As I told him, that casual addendum is at the core of what I’m trying to show people with this blog: that, straight or gay, a person’s sexuality may well not define them. He agreed, and graciously accepted my invitation to be today's face.

I highly recommend checking out Patrick's blog. He and I seem to be on the same wavelength. He's measured, level-headed and respectful. I like that in a person.

No comments:

Post a Comment