Bookmark and Share

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Meet Lara

I'm 25 years old and I live in the most beautiful city in the world (Cape Town, South Africa). I used to be very shy and very deep in the closet, until I realised that I can't expect others to be comfortable with me if I'm not comfortable with myself. Coming out was probably the best experience I've ever had. It taught me to look beyond my own prejudices, and it gave me confidence and the courage to face anything that might cross my path. This process inspired me so much, that I decided to start doing my bit for the LGBT community. As a student, I ran our campus Lesbian and Gay organisation. And I later became involved with Cape Town Pride, of which I am still one of the directors. And I now also run a group called Cape Town Lesbians, which is focussed on building a community through regular events. I also recently launched a website with a blog written by the local girls of Cape Town www.capetownlesbians.co.za
Lara followed me on Twitter, which called Cape Town Lesbians to my attention. Thanks for being the face of the day, Lara!

No comments:

Post a Comment