Bookmark and Share

Monday, July 6, 2009

Meet Steve

Last year, I married my partner of 23 years, we have a 6 year old daughter, two dogs, and live pretty simple. I garden, cook, read, write, blog (AdamantSun.blogspot.com), watch too many reality shows and try to keep the house running as smoothly as possible.

For the last 10 years, I have been a web project manager but became unemployed in March. I'm currently spending the summer as a 'manny' to several kids our daughter's age, while I work toward a career transition to professional writing.

I am a Triangle Speaker (www.TriangleSpeakers.org) traveling to churches, schools and colleges telling my life story to help eliminate prejudice. My family is active in the local equality group and its efforts to bring a diversity/resource center to town.

All of this keeps me pretty busy, but it's all my interests, so it keeps me pretty happy as well.

I found Steve on Twitter and his blog not only impressed me, but filled me with hope. His accomplishments make me more hopeful that I can reach people and make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment