Bookmark and Share

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Meet Nick

I'm Nick, an 18-year-old from New Hampshire and I'm obsessed with zombie movies and Diet Coke. I graduated high school in June, and by the end of August 2009 I'll have moved to New York City to pursue Film and Television Production at NYU. There are a lot of things I don't know much about, but if nothing else I'm sure that in this life we only get what we give. I feel it's necessary to try and approach every situation with positive energy and courtesy towards other people. Not only does this attitude tend to make things work out more favorably, but I think it allows me to spend less time worrying and more time smiling. Life really is too short to do anything without smiling.

Another huge aspect of my life is music. I recently produced my own CD and I really enjoy hearing listeners' reactions to my songs. I try hard to take some of the challenges growing up in this world can present us with and discuss them with a bright sounding, upbeat electric feel and a unique sense of humor.

I think balance is really important. I try to stay as healthy by not drinking any beverage with calories (water, crystal light and diet soda for me) and getting enough protein and moving around as much as possible. I'm also obsessed with naps! I try to take one every day, because it helps me to stay up later. I'm kind of a night owl like that. I like to go to dance clubs, but never more than once a week. I think the jumping around in a dark room makes for a really good stress reliever. What I can do without, however, is all of the fighting that can go on between people in environments like that. It's all meant to be fun, so why bring any bad energy into the situation?

I really like making new friends and laughing. I think those are two of the best things in life and it's amazing to me that they're absolutely free.

I'm also gay, but that's usually the least important thing to say about myself. It makes up a large part of who I am, obviously, but that doesn't make it something I feel I have to explain or force down the throat of everyone I talk to. There are a lot of negative stereotypes for the GLBT community, but I find that overall it's all about love and friendship. I think those are two very important things.

At the end of the day, life is SO good. And I'm really grateful to be here.

I met Nick through Twitter, and he enthusiastically agreed to be a face of the day. Check him out at www.NickDeeMusic.com. Thank you, Nick!

No comments:

Post a Comment